Collaborative law, mediation and other methods of alternative dispute resolution continue to become more popular for couples seeking a divorce. While it may not be appropriate for every situation, it is important to understand the option of collaborative divorce before choosing how to proceed in achieving your goals. Lawrence S. Manassa is a fellow with the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois.
Arlington Heights Divorce Attorneys | Offices In Barrington And Crystal Lake
At Manassa, Stassen & Vaclavek, P.C., we will help you determine whether collaborative law is a viable option for you and show you how a collaborative divorce will work and why collaborative divorce works for many people. Whether the divorce is resolved collaboratively or through litigation, we have the experience and resources to protect the personal and financial interests of our clients.
To better serve our clients, we have multiple convenient office locations — Barrington and Crystal Lake — representing clients in Cook, McHenry, Lake, Kane and DuPage counties in such towns as Arlington Heights, Lakewood and Palatine.
Why Collaborative Divorce?
Divorce arises when the relationship between spouses is broken. This is a very difficult thing to deal with and, by nature, litigation is an adversarial process. Many people prefer to find a solution through a collaborative process, allowing them to resolve their issues without adding any more acrimony to the process. This is ideal for divorces where children are involved as it is important for parents to maintain an amicable relationship as they continue to raise their children.
Collaborative divorce is also more conducive to bringing in experts other than lawyers to address issues involving children, finance and property. The process takes a holistic approach to preparing all parties for life after divorce. Additionally, due to the cooperative nature, collaborative divorce usually costs significantly less than a litigated divorce.
Is Collaborative Divorce Right For You?
For answers to your questions about collaborative divorce, contact our Barrington collaborative divorce attorneys for a free consultation.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys
- Barrington Lawyer For Divorce And Bankruptcy
- Divorce And Estate Planning Lawyer In Barrington