Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
Mediation does not depend on trust or even amity between the divorcing parties. Instead, it is conducted on principles of good business. Even angry individuals can successfully negotiate solutions to difficult disputes given clear legal guidance and the assistance of professional mediators.
At the Illinois law firm of Manassa, Stassen & Vaclavek, P.C. , our Barrington divorce mediation attorneys bring decades of experience and well-honed negotiation skills to our clients' aid in divorce and family law matters. Our goal is to facilitate mutually beneficial resolutions while ensuring that the ultimate agreement is in line with our client's best interests.
Potential Benefits And Drawbacks Of Divorce Mediation In Illinois
Many divorcing couples find that mediation is a constructive method for resolving complex or highly contentious issues in a low-stress environment. Disagreements do not need to become a full-blown war, and the assistance of skilled attorneys and mediators can often settle disputes in an effective way.
Beyond promoting amicable resolutions, mediating a divorce is often far more cost-effective and prompt. It circumvents much of the expense and time of going to trial while arriving at the same outcome.
Finally, divorce mediation allows both parties to retain control over decisions instead of allowing a judge to arbitrarily dictate the outcome. This can be especially important for decisions that affect the parties' children.
The greatest downside to mediation is the fact that the mediator is a neutral party and not allowed to give legal advice. This can be a problem because the divorcing individuals often need concrete guidance about their legal rights, options and responsibilities. For this reason, it is wise to engage the help of an attorney as well as a mediator.
Contact An Arlington Heights Divorce Mediation Attorney
The family law lawyers of Manassa, Stassen & Vaclavek, P.C. , will ensure that each client understands his or her options and rights during every aspect of the mediation process. We also advise clients about the legal risks and potential benefits of each divorce-related decision. To schedule a free initial consultation, call our Barrington office at 847-282-4051 or 847-221-5511, or contact us online.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys
- Barrington Lawyer For Divorce And Bankruptcy
- Divorce And Estate Planning Lawyer In Barrington