Barrington Divorce Support Groups
Going through a divorce, and adjusting to life after divorce, is a major life change for most people. This may be especially true for people who have been married many years, and/or for parents who are suddenly single. Part of the healing process involves sharing experiences with others and receiving reassurance that life will seem normal once again.
Divorce Support Through Human Connections And Encouragement
At the family law firm of Manassa, Stassen & Vaclavek, P.C. , we often realize that what our clients need most is the opportunity to talk — and be understood. This is very human, and natural. We listen thoughtfully and share useful ideas about how to navigate the waters of the divorce process, including personal challenges and changes such as realignment of friendships that were once shared with a spouse.
Get Specific Divorce Law Help And Advice From A Trusted Law Firm
Nonetheless, our fundamental responsibility is to be true to our jobs as attorneys. In our divorcelaw practice, we are conscious of our clients' need to keep a lid on legal fees. While we are compassionate and attentive, we respect our clients by staying focused on the legal matters we are entrusted with: temporary order hearings, discovery of hidden assets, asset division, determination of alimony, child support and child custody.
For all these reasons, we often advise our clients to seek safe outlets for sharing more personal matters with other people. We warn them against posting personal information on Facebook or other online social networks. At the same time, we often suggest ways to heal and grow through:
• Family therapy including children
• One-on-one psychological counseling
• Participation in divorce support groups
Find General Divorce Information And Reassurance In Support Groups
Divorce support groups have a variety of focuses. Are you most concerned with the social, financial or practical aspects of divorce? Look for a divorce support group that is geared toward your interests and concerns. You will be more likely to follow through and stay involved if you choose the right group for your needs.
Divorce support groups can be found in faith-based communities such as churches and synagogues. They can be found in community organizations such as Barrington Youth and Family Services. Most are open to all, and are typically low cost or free to attend. They generally meet for convenient once-a-week sessions of two or three hours. Here is a sampling of locations of available divorce support groups in our geographical area:
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Elgin
• Christ Church Elgin
• Oak Brook Community Church
• Community Christian Church in Naperville
• Calvary Church in Naperville
• West Calvary Church in Sugar Grove
• First Baptist Church in Geneva
• Willow Creek Community Church (several campus locations)
• Alton Divorce Support Groups, organized by Cornerstone family support services
• Chicago Divorce Support Groups at the Fatherhood Educational Institute
Many other local support groups make it within anyone's reach to attend one. You may want to ask your doctor, your children's school counselors or the local YMCA for leads on divorce support groups in your area. Our Illinois lawyers and legal staff at Manassa, Stassen & Vaclavek, P.C. , will be glad to make suggestions appropriate to your particular circumstances.
Ask Us About Schaumburg, Crystal Lake And Barrington Divorce Support Groups
Your age, your parental status, your religious affiliation or your most pressing concerns can help you select a divorce support group that is right for you. Contact us to ask for a support group referral or to discuss your legal concerns with an attorney. Call 815-384-2238 or 847-282-4051 or send a request through this website.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys
- Barrington Lawyer For Divorce And Bankruptcy
- Divorce And Estate Planning Lawyer In Barrington