Barrington Child Custody Modification Attorneys
When Your Child's Best Interests Are At Stake, Obtain Skilled And Caring Counsel
At the Illinois law firm of Manassa Hartman, P.C., we understand that circumstances change. Custody arrangements that worked in the past may no longer be in a child's best interests. That is why we are committed to listening carefully to our clients' concerns and positioning them for a favorable resolution.
Because custody modifications are highly fact-specific, it is important to engage the assistance of a Barrington child custody modification lawyer with in-depth knowledge of Illinois law in this area. Ultimately, the child custody and visitation agreement could affect child support payments and many other aspects of life.
Timing Is An Important Factor In Requesting A Modification
Timing is a critical component. If a parent requests a child custody modification within two years of the last custody order, he or she must show clear and compelling evidence that the child would be endangered by remaining in the current situation. The "endangerment" may be physical, emotional or even moral in nature.
If the modification is requested two years or more after the divorce was finalized or the last custody order was granted, the parent must prove that a substantial change of circumstance has taken place, affecting one of the parents or the child. The requested modification must also be in the best interests of the child. The court will review several factors, including whether the proposed modification: • Preserves the child's well-being • Promotes a healthy home environment • Promotes positive relationships with both parents, when possible Our law firm handles even the most complex and emotionally challenging modification requests, including cases where either the father or mother has become unfit to parent due to drug or alcohol addiction, child abuse or mental illness.
Contact An Arlington Modification Lawyer
Schedule a free initial consultation with one of the family law attorneys at Manassa Hartman, P.C., by calling our Barrington or Crystal Lake office at 847-221-5511, or by contacting us online.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys