Barrington Dating And Divorce Attorneys
Now that your marriage is heading for divorce and you and your spouse are separated or estranged, it may seem natural to open yourself up to new sources of companionship. If you find yourself headed for a new relationship with a girlfriend or boyfriend before your divorce has been completed, however, it is wise to consult with a lawyer about issues you should be aware of, such as:
• Potential for affecting property division in your divorce
• Potential for affecting spousal maintenance (alimony) orders
• Potential for affecting child custody orders
If your wife or husband can demonstrate to a family court that you have dissipated marital assets, a judge may determine that your fair share in a property division order should be lessened. Therefore, you should beware of any opportunity your spouse may have to accuse you of spending marital funds on your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Likewise, if you have entered into a supportive relationship, such as by moving in with a boyfriend or girlfriend, your spouse may use this fact to contend that you have no need for spousal support.
And if your spouse believes that you are modeling immorality for your children, she or he may seek to persuade a family law judge in favor of sole custody. There may also be problems if your spouse alleges that your new partner is a bad influence on your children for reasons such as a history of substance abuse. Your visitation rights could be seriously curtailed if your spouse is successful with these allegations.
Contact Us In Illinois — Dating And Divorce — Attorneys At Our Family Law Firm Can Advise You On How To Protect Your Rights
While you have the right to engage in new friendships and dating, you need to be cautious about ways that a new serious relationship can affect your divorce. Offering experienced legal counsel to clients in communities including Barrington and Schaumburg, divorce attorneys at Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., have a great deal of valuable advice to share. Call 847-221-5511 or email our law firm to discuss your divorce and issues such as social media postings or dating that may affect the outcome.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys