The Collaborative Law Process
The name "collaborative law" puts many people at ease when thinking about the divorce process. It may not be the right fit for every couple, however. It is important to understand just how the collaborative law process works when it comes to divorce.
In Barrington, Illinois, and throughout the region, couples who need guidance about collaborative divorce turn to our attorneys at Manassa Hartman, P.C. We can describe how the entire process works, and determine if you and your spouse will benefit from it.
What Happens In A Collaborative Divorce
Instead of you and your spouse (and your attorneys) taking adversarial sides, in a collaborative divorce, everyone works together toward reaching a final settlement that protects everyone's interests.
You and your spouse will sign an agreement promising to work together in good faith to negotiate a settlement. You will then work with your attorneys and other experts, including accountants, child specialists and counselors, to negotiate agreements related to:
• Child custody, visitation and support
• Property division of all your assets and debts
• Spousal maintenance payments
During the collaborative process, you will work on a settlement that not only takes your current needs into account, but your future needs as well. Once everything is agreed to, your lawyers will draft the paperwork together and submit it to a judge. With partner Lawrence S. Manassa serving as a fellow with the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, you can be sure that you will be working with a lawyer who has the proper training for this unique area of the law.
Even if you and your spouse can work together during this time, it is still important to work with experienced attorneys so that you can be sure you do not agree to anything that is not in your best interests. We are ready to help you and your spouse get through your divorce and move on to the next chapter in your lives with confidence.
To learn more about how the lawyers of Manassa Hartman, P.C., can help you understand the process of collaborative divorce better, contact us online or call 847-221-5511 for a free consultation.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys