Division Of Stocks, Mutual Funds And Investment Accounts
At the Illinois law firm of Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., we are committed to intelligently and strategically defending the long-term financial security of our clients in high net worth divorces and complex property division disputes. With decades of experience, our asset division lawyers provide trustworthy legal counsel and advocacy for all issues involving the division of stocks, mutual funds, investment accounts, retirement accounts and other assets.
Characterizing Investment Accounts As Marital Or Separate Property
Guarding our clients' financial interests begins with characterizing their investment accounts and other assets as joint marital property or separate property. Our law firm collaborates with independent experts to accurately value such assets and uncover any hidden assets. We also investigate other critical issues such as:
• Which party or parties contributed to the investment accounts?
• Did a spouse's contributions to the marriage itself affect the overall value of the accounts?
• Is deferred compensation or a profit-sharing plan included in the investments?
• What is the fair market value of the accounts?
• Are there any tax obligations or debts related to the investments?
If a particular investment account is designated as separate property by a prenuptial agreement, we can litigate or negotiate for a fair share of any appreciated value due to the intangible contributions of the other spouse.
Calculating The Current And Future Value Of A Stock Portfolio
Although characterizing a stock portfolio as the marital or separate property is a vital first step, more needs to be done to protect the full value of an individual's financial interests. In addition to the current acknowledged value of various stock and bond investments, these assets have a potential future value. This future value is dependent upon the portfolio's appreciation rate and history of earnings.
Our law firm understands the complexities of retirement or income investments that involve equities, and we know how to maximize our clients' financial security in every facet of divorce.
Contact An Asset Division Attorney In Illinois
Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., is a trusted choice for legal counsel and representation for high net worth individuals throughout Illinois. To schedule a free initial consultation regarding complex financial investments or spousal maintenance/alimony, call our Barrington or Crystal Lake office at 847-221-5511, or contact us online.
High Net Worth Divorce Articles
- Barrington High Net Worth Divorce Attorneys
- Crystal Lake Complex Property Division Lawyer
- Barrington Hidden Assets Attorney
- Business Valuation
- Maintenance/Spousal Support
- Division Of Marital Property
- Nonmarital Property
- Modification Of Maintenance In Illinois
- Division Of Stocks, Mutual Funds And Investment Accounts
- Debt Responsibility In A Divorce
- Effects of Divorce on Business Owners
- Effects Of Divorce On Professional Practice