Modification Of Maintenance In Illinois
At Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., we understand that life is never static. Our clients' lives and their needs are constantly evolving. Although the terms of a divorce settlement or decree may have been appropriate in the beginning, many divorced individuals find that changing financial demands and abilities now require modifications to child support and spousal maintenance (also called spousal support or alimony) orders.
With decades of experience, an in-depth understanding of Illinois family law and a reputation for high-end legal service, our attorneys for modification of maintenance are available to review your existing spousal maintenance order and advise you about your options for requesting a modification.
Modifications Require A Substantial Change Of Circumstance
For an individual to qualify for a spousal support or maintenance modification, he or she (or his or her ex-spouse) must have undergone a significant change of financial circumstances. Examples may include:
• Changes to employment such as job loss or gaining a new job
• Changes to health such as a serious illness or disability
• Other changes to income or financial obligations
• Entering a supportive relationship such as a new marriage or moving in with a boyfriend or girlfriend
Contact Our Alimony Lawyers Today
Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., is proud to provide individualized and innovative solutions to our clients' family law concerns. From drafting an initial spousal maintenance agreement to modifying an outdated agreement, we are here to assert our clients' financial rights and pursue the most positive outcome possible. To schedule a free initial consultation, call our Barrington or Crystal Lake office at 847-282-4051 or 815-384-2238, or contact us online.
High Net Worth Divorce Articles
- Barrington High Net Worth Divorce Attorneys
- Crystal Lake Complex Property Division Lawyer
- Barrington Hidden Assets Attorney
- Business Valuation
- Maintenance/Spousal Support
- Division Of Marital Property
- Nonmarital Property
- Modification Of Maintenance In Illinois
- Division Of Stocks, Mutual Funds And Investment Accounts
- Debt Responsibility In A Divorce
- Effects of Divorce on Business Owners
- Effects Of Divorce On Professional Practice