In any divorce where children are present, ensuring they have the care and support of their parents is the most crucial issue. When parents separate or divorce, child custody rights can be incorporated into the divorce decree. When parents are unmarried, paternity must first be established before parenting time can be decided.
Crystal Lake Custody Attorneys
At Manassa Hartman, P.C., in Barrington, Illinois, the best interest of your child is our primary concern. We are dedicated to helping parents have a healthy relationship with their children. Our experienced and accomplished attorneys can help you resolve your custody matters in a way that protects your children and preserves your parental rights.
To better serve our clients, we have multiple convenient office locations - Barrington and Crystal Lake - representing clients in Cook, McHenry, Lake, Kane and DuPage Counties in such towns as Arlington Heights, Lakewood, and Palatine.
Our lawyers provide divorcing or separated parents with sound legal advice and skilled representation. Our lawyers will clarify the legal issues surrounding residential custody arrangements, including:
• Joint custody: This arrangement requires the parties to agree that they can co-parent with each other to make major decisions and the court must find that it is in the best interest of the children.
• Sole custody: Gives one parent full decision-making power concerning the medical, educational and religious issues for the children.
Finding Custody Arrangements That Meet Your Needs
While the best interest of the child is the ultimate standard that must be met for any custody arrangement to be approved by the courts, parents have the opportunity to negotiate creative arrangements that meet the needs of all parties. Maintaining an amicable relationship with your former partner will help facilitate agreements. When feasible, this will be our goal. Our attorneys are also accomplished, skilled litigators should the need arise.
Contact Manassa Hartman, P.C.
We have the experience and ability to successfully manage the most complex custody cases and look forward to helping you arrive at a result that protects your rights and meets the needs of your children.
Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our Barrington child custody attorneys.
Custody and Support Articles
- Barrington Child Custody Attorneys
- Custody and Support Issues
- Child Custody
- Barrington Child Visitation Lawyers
- Child Custody Modification
- Child Custody & Visitation FAQ
- Concerning Child Custody And Preference
- Child Support/Collection
- Barrington Child Support Modification Lawyers
- Child Support Laws In Illinois
- Day Care & Child Support Lawyer
- Barrington College Education And Child Support Lawyer
- Child Support Arrears
- Interstate Removal/Parental Relocation
- Barrington Grandparents’ Rights Lawyers
- Schaumburg Attorneys For Child Abductions
- Crystal Lake Child Custody Litigation Attorneys
- Family Law Civil Contempt Attorneys