Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
As of June 1, 2014, same-sex marriage is an option for couples in Illinois. For some couples, however, that also means they will likely have to go through the divorce process for the first time in their lives.
By being given full recognition as married couples by the state and federal governments, the divorce process for same-sex couples will be much the same as it is for heterosexual couples. That means obtaining skilled legal representation to protect your rights and interests will be essential.
At Manassa Hartman, P.C., we can help. With locations in Barrington, Crystal Lake, Deerfield and more throughout the region, our lawyers can guide you through this stressful time and help you address all the issues related to same-sex divorce, including:
• Child custody
• Child support
• Spousal maintenance
• Property division
Helping You Find A Resolution That Meets Your Needs
For some couples, it is simply impossible to be able to work together. In those cases, it will be necessary for litigation to resolve their issues. For couples who can work together amicably and wish to maintain control over their divorce, our firm is also skilled at other forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and collaborative divorce.
As our client, you can count on working directly with an experienced divorce attorney who will learn all the details of your situation and your goals and help you figure out the best way to navigate through the divorce process. You can have peace of mind knowing that we will come up with a plan that best protects your interests.
While same-sex divorce will look much the same as opposite-sex divorce, that does not mean that you will not have questions. For help, turn to Manassa Hartman, P.C. To schedule a free consultation, contact us online or call 847-221-5511.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys