Barrington Annulment Lawyers
Understanding 'Invalidity Of Marriage' In Illinois
In Illinois, an annulment is termed an "invalid" marriage. Such marriage invalidations were made much rarer when no-fault divorce became available in the state. In some situations, however, having a marriage invalidated or annulled is still an option.
The Barrington annulment attorneys at Manassa Hartman, P.C., provide experienced, respectful and empathetic legal counsel and representation to both men and women who need to contest the validity of a marriage. With decades of experience, we understand exactly what it takes to prove in a court of law that one party: • Did not have the mental capacity to consent to the marriage • Was forced or coerced into the marriage • Was 17 or younger and lacked parental consent • Did not have the physical ability to consummate the marriage • Was already legally married to another person • Was the victim of another type of marriage fraud
Although a religious institution may grant an annulment, it will not affect the couple's marital status with the state of Illinois. In a similar manner, having the state determine that a marriage is invalid will not necessarily change a couple's status within their religious society.
Learn More About The Marriage Annulment Process
Because Illinois family law judges are frequently reluctant to invalidate a marriage, it is wise to seek the assistance of a skilled attorney who can fully explain the available legal remedies and creatively pursue a positive outcome.
The lawyers of Manassa Hartman, P.C., are trustworthy advocates on behalf of our clients' rights and futures. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling our Barrington or Crystal Lake office at 847-221-5511, or contact us online.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys