Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and YouTube are all examples of social media that have proven to be problematic for many people who are headed for divorce. Social media, in general, have gone beyond being a novelty or a harbinger of a "Brave New World" of transparency in our social lives. Facebook, in particular, has become a sort of "Main Street" of our times, where all kinds of personal matters are on display for the world to see.
One of the biggest problems that we see in our divorce practice at Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., is that parties to divorce often post things on Facebook that can be used as evidence against them in a divorce case. Whether it is our clients or their friends and family members who post photos or "status updates," evidence of any of the following may have a negative impact on a child custody order or other components of a divorce decree:
• Dating relationships
• Drinking or drug use
• Large purchases or any significant expenditures
• Family fights
• Encounters with police
Questions About Divorce And Social Networking? Attorneys At Our Barrington Family Law Firm Can Advise You
We advise our clients not only to use discretion in their own postings on social media but also to keep an eye on their spouses' postings. Perhaps surprisingly, we find that spouses rarely block each other on Facebook, even as their marriages reach the point of total estrangement. If you are headed for divorce or already in the process of divorce, you may have questioned the effects of your online activities in Schaumburg or Barrington.
Social networking? The attorneys at Manassa Bojczuk, P.C., can advise you on how to manage it during your divorce. We can educate you on ways to protect your interests by taking precautions in Internet-based interactions.
Contact an experienced divorce lawyer at our Illinois family law firm for more information about dating and divorce or social networking and divorce. Call 847-221-5511 or send an email through this website.
Divorce and Separation Articles
- Divorce and Separation Overview
- Crystal Lake Divorce Attorneys
- Schaumburg Divorce Lawyers
- The Divorce Process in Illinois
- Temporary Order Hearings Attorneys
- Barrington Social Networking Attorneys
- Dating And Divorce Attorneys
- Barrington Divorce Support Groups
- Stalking Protective Order Attorneys
- Barrington Fathers’ Rights Lawyers
- Illinois Military Divorce Lawyers
- Alternatives To Divorce
- Barrington Annulment Lawyers
- Barrington Divorce Mediation Lawyers
- Collaborative Divorce
- Why Use Collaborative Law?
- The Collaborative Law Process
- Barrington Same-Sex Partnership Lawyers
- Barrington Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer
- Barrington Legal Separation Attorneys
- Barrington Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Barrington Parentage Lawyers
- Barrington Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Postnuptial Agreements Attorney
- Illinois Mothers' Rights Attorneys
- Tax Consequences Of Divorce
- Post-Judgment Actions Family Law Attorneys